Saturday, September 4, 2010

Accountability Day #3 and 10 mile run!

First lets just get the food out of the way!
Sept 3
Breakfast:
1 Pancake with Peanut Butter, 1 egg with cheese
coffee/ cream
Snack: Half a Clif Builder Bar
Lunch: Tuna Sandwich, Lettuce, Pickle, Cheese
Snack: Grapenuts with skim milk
Dinner: Grilled Chicken, Fettuccine Alfredo ( I LOVE THIS RECIPE!!),
corn on cob, green salad with Italian dressing
Dessert: Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich




Rocco's Fettuccine Alfredo


DiSpirito's latest cookbook, Now Eat This!, transforms heart-stopping dishes like this pasta, traditionally laden with heavy cream, butter, and cheese. Here, he re-creates the sauce's velvety texture with Greek yogurt and chicken broth.

8 ounces whole-wheat fettuccine
1 tablespoon butter
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons cornstarch
Pinch of ground nutmeg
3/4 cup low-fat, low-sodium chicken broth
3/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
3/4 cup 5 percent Greek yogurt
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add fettuccine; cook according to package directions.

While pasta cooks, melt butter in a large nonstick saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook two minutes.

Combine cornstarch and nutmeg in a small bowl; whisk in chicken broth until smooth. Pour into saute pan, raise the heat, and bring sauce to a simmer, whisking occasionally.

Whisk in 1/2 cup of the cheese until melted. Remove pan from heat.
Whisk in yogurt until smooth.

Toss fettuccine with Alfredo sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Top pasta with remaining cheese. Serves four.


CALORIES PER SERVING: 336
CARBS: 47 G
PROTEIN: 18 G
FAT: 10 G

 Honestly I think this is one of my favorite pre-long run meals for the night before!!!

Todays RUN! ORTING TRAIL!

I didn't get a run in yesterday, and I am glad I rested. The plan was to meet up with 3 of the team members for the You GO Girl, but only one gal showed up. Esper whom I work with at Norpoint hasn't ran very much and is registered for the 10K. I knew this would be kind of a tough one for her. So we set out and around 1 mile she started to do her run walk. I kept going and went to the five mile mark to turn around. It was kind of cool another team for the You Go Girl was out this morning doing a 13 miler. They are the Fleet Feet team, they started about 1 minute before us, so we shared a little bit of the run space with those gals. I felt pretty strong as I picked off a little bit of the competition! When I met back up with Esper towards the end I slowed down to stick by her side. I realize running on the trail alone can be a little scary, especially when there is a guy riding his bike in jeans and sweatshirt, kinda weird, Why doesn't he wear workout clothes like the rest of the bike riders? But anyhow, we finished and it felt GREAT to get another 10 miler done!
My Splits
mile 1 10:43
mile 2 11:02
mile 3 10:56
mile 4 10:54
mile 5 10:45
mile 6 10:31
mile 7 10:30
mile 8 10:50
mile 9 11:07
mile 10 10:18
Total 10 miles, time 1 hour 47min, Pace 10:46,
1527 calories BURNED BABY!
What a great view! I enjoy the Orting trail, but some hills are nice, just a few would be nice.
Did I say that?

3 comments:

  1. what a beautiful view! Great job on your 10. So how does the You Go Girl work? Is everyone doing the half? Do you share parts of the run?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for getting back to me. I was getting so excited and really thinking about making the trek over for thr you go girl BUT found out it a home Cougar football game that weekend. So I need to stay here and root my team on and hang with the fam! Maybe next time!! YOU GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so bummed that I have not made any of the team runs.. Losing my Father in Law has really thrown off my weekend LR schedule.

    ReplyDelete