Monday, August 2, 2010

10 Miler on the ORTING TRAIL!

BEFORE THE RUN: Me, Kim (from Oregon, on my team), and Stacy (A local blogger)

I had a great run Saturday!!! Another training run was set on the calender for the YOU GO GIRL team "Will Run For Ice Cream."  This one was 10 miles.... and to be completly honest I was not sure my body was ready for a 10 miler.  I just haven't been logging many long runs lately, so the confidence level hasn't been there.  SO I got up early met one of the Kim's on my team, picked up another Kim from out team, and headed off to the Orting trail.  Kim from Oregon had connected with a local Blogger Stacy and invited her to meet up with us!  It was pretty chilly out and I didn't wear a running jacket, but it was fine, my body warmed up pretty quick.  Turned out Stacy does a 7min run 1 min walk so we didn't get to hang out with her too long, but it was great to meet her.  It was really nice to have a couple of girls to run with, I was in need of conversation, it really gave me distraction which is what I NEED!  I think I am still trying to train my brain to run.  I just have those mental road blocks, I think about the running too much and let it stop me.  SO I was really happy to have Kim and Kim to stick by my side!  I tried a couple of gummy bears that Kim from Oregon brought, and I liked them.  By the time we came to mile 8 I felt a little bit of pain in my ankles, not too familiar with that pain.... thinking about it more I wondered if it was from running on a flat path.  I mean, I always have some elevation where I run and I think my legs, ankles, and muscles get to stretch a little bit more with the hills, so was that it?  I just got some new shoes a few weeks ago and I know they aren't the issue.  SO I pushed through and realized at mile 9..... I was fine..... and I might be setting a PR for my 10 miler.  SO I started to PICK IT UP..... increased the pace a little bit more and before I knew it my watched beeped!  10 MILES done!  I loved that ending..... because I wasn't dragging to the end.  I loved the company!!  I love talking to others about their running!  SO MUCH FUN!  I can't wait for another run like that! 
10 MILES
Time: 1 hr 44 min (my new 10 mile PR)

After the run:  Kim B., Stacey, Kim R. and ME

Silly Girls! 

2 comments:

  1. Love those gummy bears! Thanks again for a fun run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo FUN!! I plan to make it to a training run very soon.. Hugs to PR's

    ReplyDelete